How To Apply For Passport
A complete guide on how to apply for Passport online is given here! The procedure for applying for Passport was once a tedious and time consuming job. In past few years, the procedure of online Passport Application is simplified by the government. This post is written to further simplify the process with elaborated guidelines. Applicants can access online process to apply for the Indian Passport directly from here. The post guarantees to save your time over online Passport Application. Right from registration, Passport Seva login, form submission and appointment; all steps are explained here.
The online applications for Passport are submitted at the portal of Passport Seva. Follow the links at the given method of application. Passport is a basic travel document required for both adults and minors to visit any foreign country. Barring some slight changes, the procedure for applying for it remains the same for both adult and minors. Let’s start with the first step of registering yourself at the Passport Seva website.
Passport Application Online Procedure
Carefully follow the below mentioned steps before you visit the nearest Passport Seva Kendra or RPO. The step by step elaboration will help you understand the procedure thoroughly. Learn how to apply for Passport online through the steps given below. We recommend going through the same twice.
Create Login ID at passportindia.gov.in
- Click here to reach the Passport Seva site.
- At the left corner, you will see options for New User, Register now? (Red coloured boxes).
- Just give a single click on the option for New User or Register now.
- You will get registration form on the screen. You need to fill up very basic information like your date of birth and name.
- Also fill up your login ID and password details.
- Select the nearest Passport office in the city. Or the nearest Passport Seva Kendra to your city.
- Give a click on register button after filling up the form. This will complete your registration process.
- Make sure to remember your login ID and password.
Fill up and Submit Passport Application Form
Fill up your form carefully and submit it at the portal.
- Get back to the to the Passport Seva website after you finish with registration.
- Now, you will see the option for existing user/login instead of New User.
- Enter your login ID and password you have created in the above step and click on Continue.
- Select Apply for Fresh Passport.
- You will also be selecting any one option from Normal or Click on Next.
- If you are comfortable filling up the form online, carry on with the filling up right away.
- You may also download it and save it. You can fill it up offline to upload it later.
- Choose the method which is best convenient to you. You can also save your form half-filled to complete it later.
- After you finish with filling up your passport application form, click on Submit button. You will find it at the bottom of the page.
- As soon as you submit your form, you will be redirected to the previous page.
- Here you can view your saved or submitted application form by following View button.
Passport Seva Kendra Appointment Booking
The final step to apply for Passport is to schedule an appointment with your nearest PSK.
- Follow the option of Pay and Schedule Appointment.
- Pay and Schedule Appointment option will be available at the same page where you can view your submitted or saved Passport applications.
- Pay online and proceed to schedule your appointment at the Passport Seva Kendra.
- You can get the list of all the Passport Seva Kendras in your city or the nearby city.
- Check out the earliest available time and date for scheduling your appointment.
- Select the Passport office where you would like to visit.
- Take a print out of your appointment confirmation receipt.
- Carry the receipt with you when you visit the Passport office on the scheduled date and time.
We also recommend applicants to carry some additional proof of identities to save time. Do pay your bank bills in time using the ibillpayment.in portal. Besides basic essential documents, authorities may ask for additional documents too. It is also very easy to link you Aadhar Card to Passport and many other government documents. Learn how to get Aadhar Card Application Form along with the tracking of Aadhar Card status online.
Along with application of Passport, host of other procedures related to Passport can be carried out online. You can track the status of your Passport Application at the Passport Seva site. Though we have tried our level best to guide applicants, they are welcome to drop their confusions. How to apply for Passport is somewhat lengthy but quite simplified procedure. Above instructions and detailed method will surely help applicants who wish to apply for Passport. If you are also planning to apply for your PAN Card, our site will surely help you for the same. For more information about Passport, you can follow ipassportstatus website where all the tutorials related to Indian Passport are covered.