All of us are fully aware of PAN Card importance. Whether we need it in service sector related works or if we own a company, a PAN Card is one of the must-have legal documents. Paying taxes becomes a lot easier and beneficial when using PAN Card.
The Income Tax Department has simplified the complete process for applying a PAN Card compared to the earlier hectic method. So, even if you lose your PAN Card somewhere, you can easily get the copy /duplicate of your PAN Card in a couple of simple steps.
Follow the simple steps mentioned below and your query will be resolved in no time:
- First of all, visit the link – https://www.tin-nsdl.com/download/pan/PAN-CR-FORM.pdf
- Now, download the available form. Note- this is a different form than the one you had filled earlier (the first time).
- Other than the basic details, the form will also ask for the details of your PAN Card. In case you have a copy of your lost PAN Card, then attach it. If not, then you can simply click on the link and receive all information related to your lost document.
- Now you will find an option on the left saying– PAN/TAN, click on this option and you will be redirected to the above image. Enter your basic details. It will show the current status along with your PAN Card number
- Fill the downloaded Form correctly and attach a passport size photograph. Fill all the details using a black pen and in capital letters.
- Submit the form to your local TIN centre with a Demand Draft or cash of Rs. 96/- (inclusive of all taxes).
- Once done, click on the given link to track the status of your PAN Card and ensure that it reaches you within the given time frame – https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pantan/StatusTrack.html
Your PAN Card should arrive at the given address within a few weeks. In case there’s more delay, contact your nearest PAN Card centre to know about the reason.