How to Link Aadhar Card with EPFO
By now, we are well aware how significant the Aadhar Card is. Linking EPF with the Aadhar Card is an initiative by the government of India to give a further boost to the UID enrollment. UIDAI camps and centers are established near industries to attract more and more employees to enroll for the Aadhar. If you want to link your Aadhar Card with EPFO account or UAN, go through the post thoroughly. Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPF) provides Life Insurance, Employees Provident Fund, and Monthly Pension services. The Government has mandated to use UID platform for all these three services. Those who do not have their Aadhar Cards will get an Enrollment ID which can be later transformed into their Aadhar numbers. In case, if you are yet to get your Aadhar Card, you can learn a method to get Aadhar Card online.
To avoid any hassle in EPF services, link your Aadhar with your EPF account and UAN account. Simultaneously, beneficiaries will have to link their Aadhaar numbers with their bank accounts. The present scenario demands beneficiaries to immediately integrate their UID with their EPF accounts. EPFO officials are providing benefits directly to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries. 85% of the receivers are getting EPF payment by NEFT facility. Hence, we have shared the procedure with step wise guidelines. The process of linking is to be carried out online at www.epfindia.com.
Steps to Link Aadhar Card with EPFO account/UAN account
Follow the steps and fulfill the procedure in few minutes without any hassle. The successful linking will be confirmed at the same portal after a gap of 15 days:
- Visit the official site of EPFO: epfindia.com
- See the options under “Our Services”. Click the option of “For Employees”.
- A new page will appear titled as “For Employees.”
- At the bottom, you will find the option of “UAN Member e-Sewa” under “Services”.
- Click UAN Member e-Sewa.
- Login using your UAN number and the password. (If you have not activated your UAN, refer to our post UAN Status.
- After successful login, go to “Profiles” drop down menu. Click on “Update KYC Information”.
- Enter all the KYC Information on the page i.e. you will be entering your PF account number in the current member ID field.
- Select the KYC as Aadhaar.
- Upload the following self-attested documents:
- Self- Attested Copy of Aadhar Card
- Self – Attested Copy of PAN Card
- A copy of the cancelled Cheque for your Bank Account Number. This is to verify your bank a/c. no., IFSC code of bank and beneficiary name.
- Once you upload the documents, your details will be in Q waiting for approval. You can start checking the status after 15 days.
- The status will be viewed under uploaded Approved/Rejected KYC Information at this page.
We once again reiterate that your UAN (Universal Account Number) should be activated at the EPFO portal. After that, you can link your Aadhar number with your EPF account and UAN from anywhere.
When you choose KYC from the drop down menu, you will find an option for many other documents besides Aadhaar. The most significant ones are PAN, Aadhaar and Bank Details. Normally Bank details are to submit PF corpus into account. PAN and UID are to verify your identity. Aadhaar number provides most secured KYC information. With linking of EPF/UAN with your UID, EPFO can access all your personal details. This indeed simplifies the process of your PF claims, transfers, and withdrawals. Now and in future, EPF withdrawal is definitely going to be a speedy procedure due to its integration with Aadhar number.
If you have any issue with linking your Aadhar Card with your EPF/UAN, leave your queries here. We will try to resolve them at the earliest. If you are an EPFO member, do link your Aadhar with your EPF account. You can refer to our other posts on UAN activation and PF balance status to get familiar with EPF portal. Our portal is dedicated to provide everything you need to know about the Provident Fund. Lakhs of employees are members of EPF and waiting for their PF withdrawals. Our aim is to help them through our information and by simplifying the PF procedures. Stay with us for the latest updates on EPF.