Get Aadhar Card in India
Aadhar Card is a 12 digit unique identification number issued by UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) on behalf of the government of India. Aadhar number serves as Proof of Identity (POI) and Proof of Address (POA) anywhere in India. It is necessary to have Aadhar Card if you want to be a part of the Digital India. Learn how to get Aadhar Card in India easily. Unlike other government documents which involve lengthy processes to get them, this is much simpler and pain free.
Aadhar is unique and important and it is issued only once in a lifetime to the citizens of India. It doesn’t act as proof of citizenship but is valid as POA and POI to avail various government services and schemes like LPG, Passport applications in 10 days, instant new bank accounts or other daily needs anywhere in India.
Aadhar number received through post by UIDAI and the electronic version of Aadhar Card downloaded online through the official portal of UIDAI is equally valid. It is very easy to enroll or get Aadhar Card as compared to other identity cards issued by the government of India.
Even if you have misplaced or forgot your Aadhar Card details you can get the duplicate Aadhar Card at the official portal of UIDAI online.
Steps to get Aadhar Card in India:
- Collect Documents: UIDAI accepts a number of documents as POI (proof of identity) and POA (proof of Address) while applying for the Aadhar Card. Children (below 5 years) can be enrolled on their parents’ documents and they have to submit a POR (proof of relation) with them. All the documents should be self-attested. Minors’ documents should be attested by their parent or guardian. Check here complete list of documents required to apply for Aadhar Card.
- Book online Appointment: Some people hesitate to apply for Aadhar Card fearing that it would take too much time to process and apply. But to Apply Aadhar Card, UIDAI has given a facility to book appointment online at official portal of UIDAI. But the entire process to get Aadhar Card is not available online. After booking online appointment, you have to be physically present at the Aadhar Enrollment Center for your bio-metric scans like photograph, fingerprint and iris scans. Click here to book online appointment. You can also cancel and reschedule booked online appointment. Click here to cancel and reschedule online appointment.
- Fill and Submit Application Form at Aadhar Enrollment Center: Aadhar Enrollment Form is totally free of cost at Aadhar Enrollment Kendra. You can also download application form online from the UIDAI portal and take the print out of this form which is equally valid at all the centers of India. The form for Enrollment/Correction in Aadhar Card is unique throughout India and same form is used in all the Indian States. It is mandatory to fill the application form in CAPITAL LETTERS only.
After filling up the form, visit the enrollment center and submit it there. Then hand over all the self attested documents to officials present at the center. They will verify your documents and take your iris, fingerprints and face scans. After submitting the form they will give you an acknowledgment slip. This acknowledgment slip has your enrollment ID (EID) which helps to check your Aadhar enrollment status. Click here to download Aadhar Card form.
- Check enrollment status: There are different methods to check Aadhar application status: Online Method, By SMS and Calling Help-desk Number.
- In online method, you need to have the acknowledgment slip with you. Fill your enrollment number and date mentioned in the acknowledgment slip with you. You need to go to the UIDAI resident website to check your Aadhar Card status online.
- You can send SMS to check your Aadhar application status. Send this message UID STATUS<space><14 DIGIT ENROLLMENT NUMBER> to 51969. Once you will send the message, after some time you will get the SMS notification that whether your card has been dispatched or not.
- You can also Dial Toll-Free Helpline: 1800-300-1947. The representatives will tell your application status on call. We recommend you to also ask your tracking number of courier from them.
- Download e-Aadhar Card online: Finally, if you haven’t received the hard copy of your Aadhar Card at your doorstep or have been lost or misplaced then you can download the electronic version of Aadhar Card from the UIDAI official portal. Fill your Enrollment ID and registered mobile number to get your Aadhar Card online.
You can always track your Aadhar Card status using name and number. If you are having any trouble in getting your Aadhar Card then do let us know. Our team will try to help you out to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.