The Income Tax Department of India issues the PAN Card to every person. The card not only acts as a legal identity proof, but it also comes handy in a lot of other ways while making transactions dealing in finance. Furthermore, in many operations like fling Income Tax Returns, Opening a Bank Account or a DMAT Account, Purchasing new vehicle, buying new property, applying for a credit card, starting a new business, etc. need you to show or submit your PAN Card copy. So, now that you know there are so many uses of having a PAN Card and you already have it, a situation might arise where you may need to change the photo in your PAN Card.
The reason can be a change in appearance or some other reasons, but whatever be the cause, here’s the quick guide to change your photo on PAN Card online:
- Any changes can only be made if you already own a PAN Card.
- PAN Card Change Request Form must be filled properly to update your Photo on PAN Card.
- A new PAN Card will be issued with the same PAN Card number and details, except your updated Photo, same will be entered in the records of Income Tax Department as well.
Change PAN Card photo online:
- Go to the official website of NSDL for PAN by following the link – https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/correctiondsc.html
- Read all instructions and guidelines carefully before applying for any changes in your PAN Card photo. If you wish, you can translate the page in Hindi too.
- Scroll down the page and select the Category of the Applicant at the bottom.
- Once selected, click on
- You will see options like “Apply for New PAN Card or / And Changes or Correction in PAN Data.”
- Fill the PAN Card Change Request Form after reading it carefully.
- Fill all the starred (*) fields correctly. Your form will not be processed further if any such field is left empty.
- Now tick the box next to the Point 7 saying Photo Mismatch.
- Now enter your PAN Number in the box next to “Permanent Account Number (PAN).”
- You can choose to receive paperless PAN Application for photo change. If you select YES, you can:
- Upload your photo
- Upload new signature
- Upload documents
NOTE: You can also get your Documents from the DigiLocker
- If you don’t wish to opt for the Paperless option, click on NO, to get the offline Application Form.
- Select the proper option under DSC Dropdown menu.
- After you have completed all steps mentioned above, click on Submit, to finally submit all the necessary changes in Photo Change Application.
- Pay Rs.107/- fee by-
- Demand Draft
- Net Banking
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
NOTE: Demand Draft should be paid in favour of – “NSDL – PAN” payable at Mumbai.
- At the end, you will receive the Acknowledgement Number and its copy in your registered email account.
Hope, this post would help you out in getting your photo updated on your PAN Card.