PAN Card is useful and apart from mere financial transactions, it serves you multiple benefits. You are allotted a unique Identification number by the authority. It is to be noted that your PAN Card details remains the same all over India, no matter where you live, travel, or go. Still, some might need to change their present address on their PAN Card. Some might also encounter mistakes or omissions in their card, for which they would need to correct the address in it.
Fret not, if you have been looking here and there thinking how to change your PAN Card address, then our handy guide will definitely help you out. Read on below to know the step-by-step procedure to change your address in PAN Card.
Here we go:
There are two ways to do so – online and offline. If you wish, you can know the PAN Card holder’s Address and download the Change Request Form for offline submission as well. Anyway, here are some points to remember before going for changes in your PAN Card address:
- The request for changing or correcting your PAN Card should only arrive in case where a PAN number has already been allotted.
- You can update or make changes in your existing details of PAN Card issued to you.
- Once your request is accepted, you will be provided a New PAN Card with the same reference number and all your modified details will be updated in the records of Income Tax Department.
Let’s start with the actual process now:
- Visit the official website of NSDL – https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/correctiondsc.html
- Read carefully all the guidelines. If you want, you can also convert it in Hindi. Now scroll to the bottom of the page and you will be allowed to select the category of the applicant.
- Now select the category of the applicant from the same drop down menu and click on Select.
- Read carefully and completely fill the form without any mistakes. Once done with this, you need to pay a fee of Rs.107 by Demand Draft /Credit Card/ Debit Card/ or Net Banking. (DD/Cheque should be in favor of NSDL –AN, payable at Mumbai.
- Now you will receive an Acknowledgement Form with a 16-digit Acknowledgement Number. Get the printout of this form.
- Paste two of your recent photographs (in white background) on the acknowledgement form in the provided space.
- Put your signature in given space.
- Enclose the Demand Draft/Cheque (if you have not paid it online), Acknowledgment Form, and your self-attested documents mentioned earlier in the form together in an envelope. Also mention your Acknowledgement Number on the back side of your DD/Cheque.
- Write following on the top of the envelope– Application for PAN Change Request – Acknowledgement Number.
- Post it to the following address of NSDL- Income Tax PAN Services Unit, NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited, 5th floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411016.
Ensure that that the envelope with your Application and supporting docs should reach the address within 15 days after getting the Acknowledgement.
Now, you are done with the process for changing your address on PAN Card. Hope, it would be simple and easy to change your PAN Card address using this simple guide.