There might arise a situation where you may need to change your date of birth as mentioned in your PAN Card. It may be due to any reason, you might have somehow submitted wrong date of birth or you might just want to change it for some error. Here are simple step-by-step guidelines on how to change date of birth in your PAN Card.
There are two methods to change the DOB in your PAN Card at the NSDL portal- first method is the online method where you may just raise a request for all necessary information you’d like to change right over; second method is the offline method where your PAN Card DOB can be changed manually by an offline method.
Below is provided the required website link for making the necessary changes in your date of birth details in the UTI application form. It is applicable to all the States in India. Apart from the date of birth, you can also make changes to your name or surname by following the same process.
- Go to the website link – https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/
- Now that you are on the main page, look for the option saying – “changes form”. Follow the rules mentioned on the page for making the necessary modifications on PAN Card Change Application Form online UTI/NSDL.
- There will also be an image that will guide you to take the right steps. As you want to change or edit your date of birth, so submit your date of birth certificate and upload it for the verification process.
- Now, click on “changes in PAN details, it will redirect you to another page.
- Click on “online application for changes in PAN details.”
- Now the application form will be displayed, submit form online by paying Rs.107 online. Forget not to receive the acknowledgement receipt to track the status of UTI/NSDL details via online method.
- Before you open the form for changes in UTI PAN Card, it will ask you for your correct date of birth and other related information.
- As per the government rules- once you get the UTI PAN Card, you don’t need to submit the documents again. In some cases, like for changing date of birth, you might require such a form. You need to submit your Aadhar Card, your voter ID card, or your birth certificate.
- The payment can be made in any format as you prefer. The fee charged is Rs.107only for the Indian Citizen and for the NRIs the amount may change.
- You should expect your updated PAN Card to reach you by around one or two months. Delivery time also depends on your location and address.
- Available payment options includes Demand Draft, Net banking, Cheque, Debit/Credit Card.
The process is complete. Now just wait for your UTI PAN Card to arrive you within 2 months via courier.