Aadhar Card Correction
Make Aadhar Card correction online in few minutes! Your Aadhar Card might contain typographical errors. Sometimes the personal details differ due to mistakes in data collection. We have explained both ways in this post- offline as well as online for Aadhar correction. Be it online or offline, your Aadhar Card correction is a simple process. However, remember that Aadhar correction facility allows you to change only a few details. The specific details allowed to be changed have been explained below. Aadhar is a significant identity document. Since, it carries multiple benefits; it is becoming one of the essential documents for the Indian citizen. Besides being a proof of identity, it offers additional benefits, especially, when linked to other services like LPG and bank account. Hence, it is important that you keep your Aadhar Card details updated. Do check your Aadhar Card status carefully after you receive it.
Any mistakes and changes in details should be immediately corrected in Aadhar Card. By doing this, you can avoid many hassles in future. Once you update your Aadhar Card, you can also check Aadhar Card update status online. All procedures and guidelines pertaining to Aadhar Card have been published at our blog. Before you start applying for Aadhar Card correction, check the personal details that you are allowed to change. Your Aadhar Card number will remain the same after any such corrections.
Aadhar Correction Details
You can change only following details on your Aadhar Card and for this you need to submit the proof for the same:
- Residential address
- Mobile number
- Date of birth
- Email address
Further, we have elaborated both the offline and online modes of Aadhar Card correction. You can check the status of Aadhar Card by name and number (or enrollment number).
Procedure of Aadhar Card Correction Online
Find below a quick procedure facilitated at the Aadhar self-service update portal. This is one of the very useful online facilities available at uidai.gov.in. There is also an Aadhar Card Application Form available at our portal for the same purpose:
Keep your registered mobile number with you before you start updating:
- Use the given link and visit the self-service portal for the update and correction in Aadhar Card:
- Enter your Aadhar Card number and click the ‘send OTP button.’
- Enter the Captcha Code and the OTP send to your mobile.
- Now you can select the details you want to update.
- Click ‘update data request’ button.
- A new page will appear. Verify the data for Aadhar Card correction and click ‘Modify’ button.
- You will be directed to a new page. At this page, you need to provide the documents supporting corrections. Be sure that the details on the document provided should match with the corrections you have requested for.
- Upload the documents after self-attesting them. You can upload documents in gif, jpg or pdf format.
- Select the Aadhar Card agency or BPO provider.
- Now you will receive a 12 digits URN number. Preserve this Update Request Number by printing or downloading.
The 12 digits URN number will be required to check the Aadhar Card correction status.
Guide to apply for different government documents are available below
Aadhar Correction by Post
Correction in Aadhar Card can also be applied by the post. However, you can download the form for submission by using the given link:
- Download Aadhar data update/correction form.
- Fill up the form in English/local language. Enclose self-attested copies of documents.
- In the case of a change in your address, enclose supporting documents accordingly.
- Mention your Aadhar Card number on all the documents you are providing.
- Mark the sealed envelop as ‘Aadhar Update/Correction’.
- Send the form with the copies of supporting documents to the address as applicable to you.
UIDAI Address to send request for correction in Aadhar Card
- Hindi, Urdu – UIDAI Regional Office Samaj Kalyan Nirman Nigam Building, 3rd Floor TC-46/V Vibhuti Khand Gomti Nagar Lucknow (UP) 0522- 2304978
- Bengali – UIDAI Regional Office, 1st, RIADA Central Office Building Namkum Industrial Area Lowadih, Ranchi-834010 0651-246016
- English, Gujarati, and Marathi – UIDAI Regional Office 5 th & 7th Floor, MTNL Building, B D Somani Marg, Cuff Parade, Mumbai – 400 005. Tel: 022 – 22186168
- Kannada, Malayalam and Tamil – UIDAI Regional Office Khanija Bhavan No. 49, 3rd Floor, South Wing Race Course Road, Bangalore – 01 080-22340862
- Telugu, Oriya – UIDAI Regional Office 5th Flr, Block – III, My Home Hub, Madhapur, Hyderabad – 500 081. Tel: 040-23119269
- Punjabi – UIDAI Regional Office SCO 139 – 141, Sector 17-C, Chandigarh. Tel – 0172 25085983
This is how you can update your Aadhar Card online or offline. You will receive the Aadhar letter with updates only with following corrections- your name, address, gender and date of birth. For an update of your mobile number and email address, the confirmation will be sent on your registered mobile or email. Are you confused about the documents for Aadhar update? Check our list of documents required for Aadhar Card update. Aadhar Card correction depends on verification of your documents by the UIDAI officials. Make sure you send appropriate documents mentioning your Aadhar no. on them. Keep visiting us for all the information and procedures regarding PAN Card, UID, and Passport.